RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a way for you to subscribe to the Bing Ads Platform Blog and see a notification in your browser or RSS reader when a new post appears.
Subscribing With Chrome
- Install the Chrome RSS Feed Reader plugin. After you install the plugin, you’ll see an orange RSS icon next to the search bar at the top of your browser that looks like this:
- Click the RSS icon. A popup will appear with a + icon in the top right corner that says “Click here to add feeds.” Click this icon, type “https://status.bingads.com/feed” in the search box at the top, and click the “Search” button.
- Now, when a new post appears on Bing Ads, you’ll see a small red box with the number of new posts appear inside the orange RSS icon, like this:
- Click the icon, then click the title of the new post to read it on the Bing Ads Platform Health Blog.
Subscribing With Internet Explorer
- Open https://status.bingads.com/feed in Internet Explorer. At the top of the page, you’ll see a link that says “Subscribe to this feed.” Click this link.
- Type a name for the feed in the Name box. In the “Create in” dropdown, select the “Feeds” folder, then click “Subscribe.”
- You’ve successfully subscribed to the RSS feed. To check for new posts, click the Star icon to open the Favorites menus, click the “Feeds” tab, and click the name you chose for the feed.
Subscribing With Firefox
- Open https://status.bingads.com/feed in Firefox. Click the “Subscribe now.” button at the top of the page.
- A popup with the title “Subscribe with Live Bookmark” will appear. Click the “Subscribe” button.
- Close Firefox, then open it again. You’ll see an orange RSS icon underneath the URL box. The title of the latest Platform Health Blog post will appear beside it.
Subscribing With Outlook
- Go to the Mailbox tab. Look at the lefthand menu that lists your folders. Scroll down until you see a folder labeled “RSS Feeds.” Right-click it, then click “Add a New RSS Feed.”
- Type the feed URL, https://status.bingads.com/feed/, into the text input, then click the “Add” button.
- You’ll see a prompt that says “Add this RSS feed to Outlook?” Click “Yes.”
- The Platform Health blog feed will now be listed in the RSS Feeds folder. The number in bold after the title shows how many posts have been added or changed since you last viewed the feed.